Join a Western Canadian Wholesale and Distribution Leader in Refrigeration and HVAC
Refrigerative Supply, a highly regarded and successful family owned business since 1948, continues to be poised for ongoing growth. Due to our ambitious strategic plan, we have an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished leader who is capable of executing the strategy to sustain, and evolve the company to capture ongoing profitable growth and expansion opportunities.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is a respected executive with tremendous drive, intelligence and capability. The successful candidate brings an entrepreneurial spirit, is highly motivated and has the ability and desire to have a real impact on the Company.
The General Manager will set a solid leadership example in a values-based, family culture by developing, coaching and mentoring a senior team of sales and functional leaders, leading and accelerating change as necessary to achieve results. Managing both the financial performance of the Company and the performance of the employees is essential to the success of this role.
Key responsibilities include:
• In collaboration with the Leadership Team, drive the execution of the business strategy that is aligned with the Company’s vision
• Ensure annual and long-range goals for the Company and the financial budget are formulated and approved by the Board annually and that strategies for their achievement are devised and implemented
• Provide leadership to the organization in a manner that ensures exceptional service, producing market differentiation and competitive advantage
• Develop and implement new strategies for profitable growth and/or expansion
• Create a customer service focused culture where exceeding customer expectations are the driving force behind processes and policies
• Seek continuous improvement in employee capabilities and provide ongoing coaching and development opportunities to drive innovative thinking and succession planning
• Maintain current knowledge of the human capital industry, the competitive landscape and industry trends; identify and hire top talent and employ best practices
The right candidate will come from a Senior Management role in the business of manufacturing or distribution of products, preferably in the industry or a related industry and will have a proven track record in the strategic development and implementation of new strategies for profitable growth and/or expansion. Experience and abilities will include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or a related technical degree coupled with substantial business experience
• At least 10 years of senior management experience that includes leading teams
• A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, values-based family culture
• Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with employees, owners, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
• Successful management through growth initiatives. Skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done
• Visionary leader; knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; can lead the company forward; learns new methods and technologies easily
• Combines vision with execution; budgetary and operations skills with an overall results orientation; financially astute, and has a strong sales, marketing, product and new business orientation to drive profitable growth
• Superior communications and interpersonal skills, delivering information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience
• Motivating and high energy individual. Track record of building, driving and managing a Leadership Team and motivating the broader employee base to work in concert toward common goals and objectives; understands what motivates different people
• Warm, friendly, and interpersonally agile; easy to approach and talk to; relates well to all kinds of people; makes a positive first impression and builds solid relationships.
This position is located in our Corporate Office in Burnaby, B.C. and we offer a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits.
If you want to take on this exciting and challenging new position within the Company, please email your résumé along with salary expectations in confidence to:
Please note: only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Refrigerative Supply does not currently have any available jobs.