Position Title Youth Program Leader Posting Number 01761SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level See Salary Range Salary Range To be determined based on qualifications and experience. Hourly rates will typically fall between $16 - $25 per hour. Position Type Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Full-Time and Part-Time Posting Category Contract Employment Start Date 03/13/2023 End Date Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift Shifts will vary based on program offerings, enrollments and availability. Youth programs typically run Monday through Friday and may be full or half day programs between 8 am and 5 pm. Work Arrangements
Applicants need to be available from March 13, 2023 to March 24, 2023 for Spring Break Programs and/or June 26, 2023 to September 1, 2023 for Summer Programs. Full-time, Part-time and On-call positions are available during this period. Youth programs will be held at the New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses and may be half or full days. Hours of work will depend on availability but will occur between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Sports Institute is seeking applications for Spring Break and Summer Programs for the period from March 13, 2023 to March 24, 2023 and/or June 26, 2023 to September 1, 2023. The Youth Program Leader is to provide leadership, program delivery and support the operational functions of the Sport Institute youth programs, activities and events. This position reports to the Program Coordinator, Sports Institute and receives direction from the Youth Program Coordinator and/or the Faculty Programmer, Sport Institute.Responsibilities
Collaborates with the Youth Program Coordinator to:
• Support the organizing, coordinating and delivery of programs, activities and events;
• Conduct operational and administrative responsibilities as directed,
• Develop and implement camp lesson plans
• Support program, activity, and event set up/take down;
• Adhere and uphold to College policies, procedures and department processes;
• Ensure a safe and respectful environment for participants and staff;
• Report incidents and accidents through established policies, procedures and processes in consultation with the Faculty Programmer; and Director, Athletics and Recreation.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Post-secondary education, or combination of work/education experience;
• Experience with youth programming is an asset;
• CPR and First Aid training ( AED training is an asset);
• Related industry training, certification, i.e. High Five, Coaching Canada Association, etc. is preferred;
• Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record check including a vulnerable sector check. A criminal record will not automatically result in your application for employment being denied.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 01/25/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Hiring will commence February 6, 2023. Please ensure your resume and cover letter clearly explains your experience with youth and/or teaching/coaching. Successful candidates may be asked to provide copies of credentials or certifications. Current credentials and certification documents can be included in your application by attaching them as one of the optional documents.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10326