Position Title Youth Program Leader Posting Number 01084SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level See Salary Range Salary Range To be determined based on qualifications and experience. Hourly rates will typically fall within the range $15.20 - $20.00 per hour. Position Type Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Full-Time and Part-Time Posting Category Contract Employment Start Date 06/28/2021 End Date 09/03/2021 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift Shifts will vary based on program offerings, enrollments and availability. Youth programs run Monday through Friday and may be full or half day programs. Work Arrangements
Applicants need to be available from June 28, 2021 to September 3, 2021. Full-time, Part-time and On-call positions are available during this period. Youth programs will be held at the New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses and may be half or full days. Hours of work will depend on availability but will occur between the hours of 8am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Youth Program Leader is to provide leadership, program delivery and support the operational functions of the Sport Institute youth programs, activities and events. This position reports to the Program Coordinator, Sports Institute and receives direction from the Youth Program Coordinator and/or the Faculty Programmer, Sport Institute.Responsibilities
Collaborates with the Youth Program Coordinator to:
• Support the organizing, coordinating and delivery of programs, activities and events;
• Conduct operational and administrative responsibilities as directed,
• Develop and implement camp lesson plans
• Support program, activity, and event set up/take down;
• Adhere and uphold to College policies, procedures and department processes;
• Ensure a safe and respectful environment for participants and staff;
• Report incidents and accidents through established policies, procedures and processes in consultation with the Faculty Programmer; and Director, Athletics and Recreation.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Post-secondary education, or combination of work/education experience;
• Experience with youth programming is an asset;
• CPR and First Aid training ( AED training is an asset);
• Related industry training, certification, i.e. High Five, Coaching Canada Association, etc. is preferred;
• Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record check including a vulnerable sector check. A criminal record will not automatically result in your application for employment being denied.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Open Date 04/14/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online.
Hiring will commence late April/early May and will continue as needed through to the start of the youth programs.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter clearly explains your experience with youth and/or teaching/coaching. Successful candidates may be asked to provide copies of credentials or certifications.
Current credentials and certification documents can be included in your application by attaching them one of the optional documents.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/7274