Job Description Summary
The WorkDay Systems Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of new functionality of our Human Capital Management (HCM) platform, Workday. They are an integral collaborator contributing to projects including system releases/upgrades, enhancements, and process redesign. Additional responsibilities include system security, end user set up and training and report writing.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Configure and test all configurations for assigned modules.
- Work closely with internal teams to drive requirement gathering, design, build, testing and deployment of Workday functionality, both new and existing modules.
- Analyze business processes to identify and propose new business process or program changes to address business specific requirements and provide continuous improvement.
- Identify strategies, risks, and options; recommend approaches and mitigations to meet functional requirements.
- Responsible for ongoing support, maintenance and updates to Workday releases.
- Educate stakeholders on enhancement opportunities and process improvements through new functionality delivered during system updates.
- Contributes to an excellent HR service experience to managers & employees with respect to their interactions with HR Systems.
- Provide ongoing feedback and training to the HR team regarding data integrity and recommend process changes as required.
- Develop/customize reports and prepare data that support HCM, people analytics, and other areas as needed.
- Maintain system documentation, in particular with respect to maintaining data quality and business process documentation.
- Maintain system security roles.
- This role will support all HR Systems which may evolve over time.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in HR.
- 5+ years of Workday administration, maintenance and implementation.
- Completed post-secondary education in Human Resources or related from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!