Woodlands Supervisor (24 Month Term)Southern Interior Woodlands - Lumby, BC
Under the direct supervision of the Forestry Superintendent, the Woodlands Supervisor is responsible for the delivery of the operational forest development program through the supervision of a United Steel Workers Forest Technician Crew. This position will involve a significant component of field time to ensure that development work meets specific quality standards and work is completed in a safe manner. This role is responsible for the daily planning, coordination and deployment of forest technicians in both field and office tasks and managing logistics to ensure that crews are efficient and cost effective. Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills and ensures direct reports are aligned and motivated to meet team objectives;
- Provide supervision within the scope of a collective agreement (Southern Interior Master Agreement) and relevant legislative requirements;
- Flexible with work arrangements including both office and field time;
- Adaptable to change and can manage multi projects and targets while providing active supervision;
- Class 5 driver’s license in good standing;
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry and registered with the Association of BC Forest Professionals;
- 3-5 years relevant experience;
- Strong understanding of technical forest management including operational planning, logging systems, and silviculture systems;
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and computer skills, including ArcGIS, are required for this position;
- Possess a positive attitude and high degree of motivation with attentional to detail and a willingness to learn;
- Team player with strong organizational skills.
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We Offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing