The Woodlands Operations Supervisor will take a leadership role within the Cariboo Woodlands planning and development team reporting to the Forestry Superintendent. The focus of this position is to work collaboratively with other woodlands staff developing plans, supervising and managing development activities to reach and maintain STI targets to facilitate harvesting operations. Duties may include development of operational plans; supervision of external consultants; preparation and/or peer review of various plans and assessments required from planning (landscape and stand level) through to harvesting; Indigenous engagement and stakeholder interaction; and resolution of various forest management issues.Qualifications:
- Be registered with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as an RPF;
- High level understanding and comprehension of forest management, forestry legislation and land use planning in BC;
- Road and block design and operational implementation, utilizing available tools such as LiDAR;
- Experience with operational supervision of harvesting activities and the ability to understand harvest chance and cost drivers related to planning and development;
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships and be adaptable to change;
- Experience engaging with Indigenous communities and stakeholders;
- Team player with the ability to work with both internal customers and external consulting professionals, as well as the ability to work independently with a focus on details and achieving results;
- ARC GIS skills; and experience with various software products such as Microsoft;
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing