• Data Centre Planning and Operations
• ITIL processes and tools
• NetApp exposure
• VMWare Server and Desktop Virtualization - Planning and Administration
• ITIL processes and tools
• Storage Skills
• Desktop Virtualization skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Design and implementation skills for Microsoft back office products
• System design, planning and documentation skills
• Antivirus, spam filter, and other security applications
• Security Monitoring and Operations
• Microsoft SQL
• Microsoft AD, Print Services, Deployment tools, other Microsoft utilities
• Microsoft Back Office -- Exchange 2010/2012 -- Support and Upgrades
• Microsoft Windows OS -- 20012, 2008R2, Windows 7, 2010 -- Support and Upgrades
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Preference for a Technical Diploma or Technical Certification from an accredited technical college or university.
Education & Experience:
The successful candidate will be a problem solver who can also plan, analyze, and resolve business challenges within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies. You must also be able to lead by example and build upon existing team work within the support group.
Previous experience includes: upgrades and change planning, coordination of changes, process improvement, technical documentation, and Tier 2 operational support.
The Windows Technical Support Analyst works closely with a support team including: network specialists, system administrators, database and desktop administrators; and will be providing Tier 2 level of support at the Windows System Administration level. In addition, the successful candidate will be highly conversant in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint 2010, and Windows 2008R2 Server.
The Windows Technical Support Analyst will provide 2nd level support for Windows systems and applications; and will also provide support for Tier 1 and other Tier 2 analysts.
The successful incumbent will help identify areas for improvement for Microsoft Suite of products; and will participate and help plan and architect major system changes in addition to being hands on with respect to capacity and problem management.
Maximus BC Health, Inc. has an immediate need for a Windows Technical Support Analyst and who has good overall system administration of the Microsoft Suite of products.
Reference # T-201696
Location: Victoria, BC
Reports To: IT Manager
Windows Technical Support AnalystPosition Title:
Connect with employer:
About MAXIMUS Canada
MAXIMUS is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally.
In Canada, MAXIMUS B...