When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Platform Specialist 2 designs, implements, and supports large scale web farms based on Microsoft technology. In addition, the incumbent will provide infrastructure incident support, restores of system disruptions, coordinates and completes basic change requests and project implementation tasks.
• Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure incidents and system disruptions, or when required.
• Assess internal tools and processes failing to work as designed and develop and implement solutions.
• Design, configure, implement and support large Windows server based web farms
• Monitor health, availability and performance of the system on a daily basis and implement appropriate tuning and optimization to meet SLA requirements.
• Assist with incidents around Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Reports. Reports must be completed and delivered within the specified time frames.
• Assist with the rollout of changes to the production environment. Monitor, escalate and triage incidents as needed.
• Ensure Credit Union infrastructure change requests are launched to production and do not generate any foreseeable incidents.
• Develop solutions to improve system management, automation and monitoring.
• Continuously improve and enhance our windows based platform.
• Continuously train staff as to the latest changes in the environments.
• Plan and Communicate product/infrastructure updates.
• Manages Problem and Incident Queue’s ensuring all tickets are completed and updating in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central’s business goals.
• May be required to participate in 24x7 on call responsibilities.
University degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 3 to 4 years’ relevant experience in a Windows, web application based IT environment.
You have in depth knowledge and understanding of IIS running on Windows and been involved in large enterprise web farms supporting 30 000 plus connections. Windows bootstrap/automation using Configuration Management tools like Chef integrated with WINRM and PowerShell.
You have thorough knowledge of ITIL 3.0 methodology best practices related to infrastructure configuration and maintenance, Windows system administration and documentation. You have strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. You have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
Technical Knowledge Required
• Demonstrable knowledge of IIS 7.5 (up to 8.5), ASP.NET 4.5, PHP & WebDAV
• Experience running web farm environments with out of process session state (server and/or SQL)
• Good understanding of Configuration, Logging & tracing
• Experience in operating and supporting Web Based Applications.
• Expert knowledge with Windows Server scripting in PowerShell.
• Basic knowledge in monitoring / reporting tools (Cacti, Nagios, SCOM).
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 & Windows Server 2012
• Expert knowledge in using Microsoft SQL (SQL queries, Configuring Applications)
• Experience Setting up and Maintaining Windows Servers.
• Familiar with Windows clustering technologies.
• Experience with Network packet capturing/troubleshooting (tcpdump, wireshark/ethereal) is required.
• Good understanding of Configuration Management tools. (Experience with Chef Preferred)
• Good understanding of Windows Server Hardening and imaging (SCCM) required for Internet facing environment.
• Good understanding of Claims Based Authentication, SSO, Active Directory and LDAP.
• Good understanding of Disaster Recovery automation, implementation and testing.
• In depth understanding of Web Services, SOAP/XML, REST/JSON.
• Basic understanding of Problem, Incident and Change Management (ITIL Certification/Training is preferred).
• Basic understanding of network topology and firewall configuration (CCNA Preferred)
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Connect with employer:
About Central 1 Credit Union
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting near...