Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.
We are seeking a motivated, seasoned technical professional to join our Information Services (IS) Team based in our Vernon Office. The Senior Windows Administrator is part of the Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) team that is responsible for the design and implementation of Windows system solutions in a private and public cloud environment. This position is expected to work on complex projects, which may include evolving existing systems or implementing new technology. This position is also responsible for performing analytical, technical and support work in the planning, implementation; documentation and administration of Infrastructure solutions.
In addition, this position will participate in the design and implementation of complete system solutions and therefore is required to have knowledge of other technology such as Network, Storage, Backups, Virtualizations, High Availability, Disaster Recovery and other operating systems such as Linux.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds, implements and manages systems in Microsoft Azure and On-premise environments
- Administers Office 365 cloud tenant, hybrid cloud integrations and single sign-on infrastructure
- Perform analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation, documentation and administration of all Windows server applications and hardware
- Works in collaboration with other senior technical team members to design high availability and disaster recovery of Infrastructure solutions including network design, security, storage, load balancing and backup solutions
- Serves as a lead technical troubleshooter on complex server and workstation issues
- Defines Windows server security and access control
- Ensures that documentation of server topology and system configurations are maintained
- Authors detailed system design documents
- Propose solution recommendations, including costs, benefits, risks and ROI
- Supports team members as required to provide a positive customer experience including after hour coverage
- Coordinate testing and deployment of ongoing patches/upgrades
- Proactively identify ongoing cost optimization, performance enhancement, and growth strategies
- Performs research and analysis for potential technology solutions to business needs
- Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline manual tasks
- Delivers emerging technology presentations
- Stays up-to-date with technical and industry developments.
- Adheres to the established processes and procedures within the IS Department
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with vendors and service providers
- Prepares and delivers informative, well-organized presentations and communications
- Leads medium to large infrastructure projects
- Provides mentoring to junior team members as appropriate
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Two years' experience working with Microsoft Azure and Office 365 cloud services and implementing solutions using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Six years of progressive experience in a Windows Systems Administrator role in a medium to large enterprise environment with advanced knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, VMware or HyperV and Citrix
- Two years' experience in a technical leadership and mentorship role
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to participate in on-call after hours support rotation
- Evening and occasional weekend work will be required
- Must have own transportation and a valid BC driver's license.
Kal Tire offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a company-wide profit sharing plan that recognizes individual and team contributions. How to Apply [email protected]