Closing Date: March 31, 2023
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Welder Apprentice. Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, Welders are responsible for repairing and maintaining site structures and equipment in a shop or field environment. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and fabricate site structures and equipment in all areas of active mining, mine maintenance, and processing
- Grind, gouge and repair cracks in haul truck bodies, shovel buckets, dozer blades, and other mining equipment
- Conduct inspections on mining equipment and structures and perform preventative maintenance as needed
- Use the following welding processes: FCAW, SMAW, GMAW, and GTAW
- Work cohesively with other tradespeople
- Provide innovative solutions and best practices
- Registered 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Welder
- Valid driver's license
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Previous mining experience is an asset
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, where year-round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our tradespeople work an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/ life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada's largest diversified resource company and we think you'll find what you're looking for.
Apprentices are offered a competitive package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Apprentice, Mining, Entry Level
Construction, Mining and Trades