We're currently looking for part-time employees for a weekend night auditor. If you're a sociable, friendly, team orientated, hardworking individual, and have a passion for being meticulous, this is the job for you!
Night Auditors are required to:
- Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements.
- Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm, and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand the guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Pick up, count, and maintain bank. Secure bank at all times.
- Process adjustments, rebates, paid-outs, and credits as required.
- Verify and make corrections to the Room Rate Report.
- Audit rooms cashier’s work, correct discrepancies, and balance all accounts.
- Verify and balance all reports, correct any discrepancies, and run the end of day program to close day.
- Verify, balance, and close the Point of Sales system.
- Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all work has been completed.
- At 6AM, open breakfast area and place all cold items in their designated areas.
Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- All room types, numbers, layout, decor, and location.
- All room rates, special packages, and promotions.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required
- Post-secondary training/experience in hospitality is an asset
- Excellent communication and telephone etiquette/skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic working knowledge of computers
- Professional attitude and good organizational skills
- Previous experience as guest services/front desk agent preferred
- Previous experience in sales is an asset
- Administrative and time management skills
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Must have a mode of transportation
Compensation & Benefits:
Wages: To be negotiated
Benefits: Discounted hotel stays for self, and family.
Super 8 Abbotsford
1881 Sumas Way
Abbotsford, BC V2S 4L5
Customer Service and Support Hospitality and Tourism