6-month contract Web Performance Engineer working with a stacked SRE team supporting a global enterprise organization.
- 6-month contract Web Performance Engineer role
- Senior SRE team providing massive value
- Global enterprise organization
What & Why:
Due to an investment in automation our client is looking to add a web performance engineer to their e-commerce team. You will be working closely with system owners to recommend performance improvements for all client facing platforms. You should have experience in an AWS environment and be able to leverage this knowledge to improve the performance and reliability of the network.
Our client is a global retail leader and a true Vancouver success story. They are known for their work life balance and encouragement of a healthy lifestyle. 2018 was one of their most successful years in their 20-year history which has led to them embarking on a number of large scale global growth initiatives for 2019. They are located close to rapid transit downtown.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 3 or more years’ experience in a Web Performance Engineer
- Expertise in web communication technologies (HTTP, SSL, Headers, Cookies, caching)
- Optimization of web applications in AWS environments
- Front-end scripting with HTML5, node.js
- Knowledge of RESTful and SOAP web services
- Following agile sprint development cycles using JIRA/Confluence or similar platform
- Analyzing test results and creating recommendations reports
- Understanding of Internet protocols and optimization of network traffic
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology