Start Date: ASAP
Location: 5566 Trapp Avenue, Unit 105
Department: Outbound, Inbound, Produce
Shifts: multiple full-time, permanent. Day and overnight options.
FoodX Urban Delivery Inc. (“FoodX”) is a grocery delivery platform for third party grocers. We are committed to developing and sharing sustainable practices with other retailers to help reduce the environmental impact of delivering groceries. Think about it as carpooling for your groceries. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference, because we believe that sustainability works best when shared. If the idea of helping to reduce carbon emissions, food waste, and single use plastics resonates with you, please apply to join our team now!
Duties & Responsibilities
Our Warehouse Team Members take pride in order fulfillment. They know that the moment that a customer receives and unpacks their FoodX fulfilled order is a special one. They want each customer experience to be personal and to reflect the care and consideration they bring to their work each day.
Outbound, Inbound, and Produce Team Members are responsible for picking and packing customer orders, including selecting top quality produce items and ensuring the quality and integrity of other grocery products a customer receives.
- Utilizing voice-directed technology, accurately pick products for customer orders.
- Follow produce quality standards to select high quality produce items for customers and to cull any sub-standard product.
- Pack products for the customer, using reusable packaging materials and with great care for the product integrity.
- Induct orders into the fulfillment line.
- Stage orders for loading onto trucks.
- Maintain tools and supplies.
- Clean and organize work areas.
- Embrace and embody the FoodX Core Values.
- Help your team members to excel.
- Work hard and have fun!
- Other duties as assigned.
This job duties of the Warehouse Team Member are also known as General Labour, Production Worker, Order Picker, Warehouse Associate, or Forklift Operator in other Companies.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Solid Tetris skills.
- Proven ability to think creatively to complete assigned tasks.
- Team-first mentality.
- Demonstrated focus on customer satisfaction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to stand on your feet for entire shifts- bending, leaning crouching, and walking
- Ability to continuously lift up to 50 lbs, as needed.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time, and entire shifts, in our walk-in refrigerated coolers or freezers.
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes on a daily basis.
- $15.00 per hour starting wage, increasing to $16.00 after 480 hours and and $17.00 after one year.
- There is an additional $1.00 per hour for the Night Shift.
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- Must have a valid SPUD.ca account and be employed at the time of the credit administration (processed monthly)
- 20% discount on SPUD.CA purchases.
- Extended health care benefits (effective the 1st of the month, after 90 days, for employees working an average of 24 hours per week or more).
FoodX Urban Delivery Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.
Restaurants and Food Service Transportation and Warehousing Labour