family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a full-time, permanent Produce Prepper
based out of our Vancouver, BC
warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is
Sunday- Thursday 10:00 pm- 6:30 am (GRAVEYARD).
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
The Produce Prep Team Member is responsible for ensuring that we create an outstanding customer experience, by providing our customers with top quality produce. Reporting to the Produce Manager, they work as a team to prepare the necessary items for each day's pack. An integral role in an internal service department, their efforts help the pack line to flow smoothly and on time. Quality produce is a key pillar of our business and this passionate team member will push for continuous improvement in this area.
- Prepare produce items for each day's pack
- Ensure units are assembled at the appropriate weights/counts
- Ensure beautiful presentation of prepared items
- Ensure top quality, through culling, pruning & hydrating
- Minimize waste
- Assist the produce team with handling inbound orders
- Maintain the organization & cleanliness of the prep area and cooler
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working with produce is an asset
- Passion for quality food and the customer experience
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken & written English
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-first mentality
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes
- Comfortable standing for duration of shift
- Able to lift 40lbs loads intermittently throughout shift
- $13.00 per hour + $0.60 GY premium per hour as per the Collective Agreement. This increases to $13.25 after the probationary period and $14.50 after a year of employment
- 20% discount on SPUD purchases
- Extended healthcare benefits (effective the 1st of the month after 90 days)