The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately-owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 750 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people.
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager for our Delta Facility. The warehouse manager contributes to the success of the overall supply chain by insuring the warehouse is organized and staffed with the necessary resources. This position is expected to utilize those resources in making sure the companies, cost, service, vendor relationships, people development, and food safety objectives are met.
Duties will include:
- Provides leadership in the movement, storage, and inventory management of all materials and supplies for the Delta, B.C. facility
- Manages all inbound and outbound activities insuring all processes and procedures are strictly adhered to and when issues arise, initiates corrective actions keeping all support functions advised
- Works with the IT, Operations, PDI, Sales and Finance Teams in insuring all material utilization processes and procedures are executed as define
- Coordinates with other key staff at the Delta Facility to insure all Plant KPI’s are consistently satisfied including cost & productivity, service to customers, customer perceived quality & food safety, and people development & safety
- Insures adequate space is maintained for all raw materials and finished goods at the Delta Facility.
- Coordinates with the production team in identifying and resolving raw material utilization opportunities
- Permanently analyzes warehouse performance, including continuous improvement, innovations, and reduction in costs to optimize operation
- Improves and develops warehousing policies and processes
- Develops and control of operational budget
- Champion of organizational culture of people, change and high performance through engaged employees and a focused approach to performance & discipline management
- Aligns resources, planning and measurable to foster our organizational culture of change and people.
-Ensures compliance with QMS, BRC, GMP, CFIA, FDA & other applicable standards
-Supports the Quality Management System as required (audits, Preventive & corrective actions, HACCP
- Manages the health & safety program in the Vancouver facility to support the health and safety manager on the implementation and proper execution of the program that improves the overall safety standard in the facility
Experience & Skills:
-Post-secondary education in Business Administration or other Logistics or Transportation
- Minimum of 5 years Management experience in Transportation/Distribution/Warehouse
- Practical knowledge of supply chain and warehouse management (warehouse allocation, production planning, inventory control, materials and resource planning, replenishment, warehousing and transportation).
- Proven continuous improvement and change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology and/or systems for problem solving.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and multiple levels of communication within the organization.
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment both written and verbal.
This full time permanent position offers medical, dental, and extended health benefits, as well as company contribution RRSP.
We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie. Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested, please apply at https://cakerie.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?ID=1253&source=Other
About The Original Cakerie
The Original Cakerie is Canada's leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We have been operating in BC for over 33 years and in 2008, added a second, brand new facilit...