PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for daily warehouse activities, which includes the direction of warehouse employees to ensure that all job tasks are performed as effectively and efficiently as possible in a manner that meets customer service standards, stated productivity and quality goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct all job tasks within the operation.
• Relocate personnel to eliminate bottlenecks and increase productivity where necessary.
• Responsible for directive workforce to meet workload to achieve all required functions before the end of shift. Hands on back up of shift activities to ensure all shift responsibilities are completed daily.
• Resolve production and personnel issues during shift.
• Report problems to Warehouse Supervisor.
• Correct in conjunction with the Shift Supervisor and resolve employee productivity and quality problems.
• Administer company policies.
• Secure building both during and at end of the shift.
• Duties listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all- inclusive.
Location: 14260 Knox Way, Richmond, BC Starting rate: $19.30/hr. - $21.30 + $1.00/hr shift premium
• Ensure all Health and safety guidelines are enforced and concerns resolved.
• Ensure housekeeping standards and equipment maintenance.
• Represent the FC and Staples in a positive and professional manner.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Working knowledge of warehouse Operations .
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to work with others and create positive working relationships.
• Detail oriented and able to utilize problem- solving skills.
• Product knowledge an asset.
• This position could require the ability to work evening hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work within time constraints in a fast paced warehouse environment.
• Required to lift, lower and carry materials up to and including 70 lbs.
• Previous warehouse experience including operating warehouse equipment an asset.
• High school diploma preferred.
Transportation and Warehousing