family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a full-time, permanent Grocery Receiver
based out of our Vancouver, BC
warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is
Sunday - Thursday 10:00 pm - 6:30 am (GRAVEYARD).
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all inbound orders, from all grocery vendors
- Verify against PO/Invoice, count products & record overages, shortages & damages
- Label all products for easy stocking & rotation
- Organization and cleaning of freezers, coolers and overstock areas
- Manage write offs, vendors returns and driver/customer returns
- Ensure proper rotation of perishable products
- Maintain order and cleanliness, through proper management of packaging waste
- Manage inventory waits, with a goal towards reducing the need for order shorts & substitutions
- Investigate inventory inconsistencies
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working in pick & pack, distribution and/or assembly line environment is an asset
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken & written English
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-first mentality
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably, and be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to work comfortably in a cooler all day
- Ability to be punctual, and reliable
- Desire to serve and compliment other departments, to drive organizational success
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes
- $14.35 per hour as per the Collective Agreement. This increases to $14.60 after the probationary period and $15.85 after a year of employment.
- 20% discount on SPUD purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first of the month after 90 days)