Why WSP? Outstanding
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
things. WSP has a new opportunity for a Logistics & Equipment Technician to join our team on a Regular Full Time basis based at our Fort St. John warehouse. A day in the life...Seventy-five percent of your day focused on warehouse responsibilities:
Twenty-five percent of your day focused on general office support responsibilities:
- Coordinating proper packing, manifesting, and shipping of equipment and materials to job sites (mobilization and demobilization of field equipment);
- Maintaining and organize equipment and equipment storage area;
- Trouble-shoot and coordinate equipment repairs/service on vehicles, boats, and environmental testing equipment;
- Clean, charge, and calibrate testing, sampling and measurement instruments;
- Maintaining, tracking, ordering equipment and consumable inventory using the appropriate database;
- Shipping and receiving domestic shipments;
- Tracking vehicle maintenance, coordinate service appointments and repairs, may include pick up and drop off of vehicles, trailers, UTVs, snow machines, and boats;
- Handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous materials used in research processes;
- Adhering to occupational health and safety protocols;
- Communicating effectively with internal clients who include field staff, project managers, and external suppliers;
- Various other duties may be required;
- Scheduled overtime, short-notice work, and travel may be required;
- Maintain a stock of spare parts;
- Assist field staff and project managers with project rentals and logistics.
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Provide employees and visitors with a safe, clean, and professional work environment;
- Support for day to day requests related to facility needs;
- General filing, archiving, photocopying, printing, and overall record keeping related to equipment, consumables, and vehicles.
- Excellent customer service skills to support both internal and external clients;
- Aptitude for learning new detailed oriented skills (i.e. calibration of environmental monitoring equipment and instruments);
- Pleasant, respectful, and discrete manner;
- Positive attitude and takes initiative;
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be flexible in changing circumstances;
- Verbal and written communication skills which meet client needs;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve given goals and tasks;
- Valid driver's license is required;
- Shipping and receiving experience is an asset;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to frequently climb in and out of boats and truck beds;
- Familiarity with boat and trailer maintenance requirements;
- Familiarity with small engines and comfortable performing basic services (e.g., oil changes, air filter changes, spark plugs, etc.);
- Post-secondary qualifications are an asset.
Expected Salary (all locations): $46500 - $79000.
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians