For over 65 years, Walter Surface Technologies has been a world leader in surface treatment technologies providing high performance abrasives, tools, power tools, chemical solutions and welding process solutions specifically designed for the metalworking industry. Our core philosophy is focused on helping customers work better and provide "only the best" - the best technology, the best products, the best performance, the best safety and the best durability - all designed to increase their productivity and profitability.
The Warehouse Clerk is responsible for a variety of tasks in the warehouse using various instruments and rolling stock while ensuring compliance with established standards and health and safety norms.
- Receive and inspect incoming products according to established procedures.
- Store the products in the appropriate places, according to established procedures.
- Receive returns, confirm quantities, verify the condition of products and complete the required documentation.
- Receive orders, prioritize if necessary and select merchandise to be shipped.
- Time management skills
- Verifies the accuracy of orders processed and reports concerns to the Manager as required.
- Securely package products according to established procedures.
- Attach the appropriate documentation with each order and ensure that all shipments are properly identified (labels, etc.).
- Load pallets, wrap them and load them on trucks.
- Creates shipping labels and other documentation for shipments as well as shipping notices, shipping declarations; maintains up-to-date information in the warehouse management system.
- Organizes and coordinates the shipment of merchandise.
- Participate in cyclical and annual inventory.
- Ensure that the work environment is clean, orderly and in compliance with health and safety standards.
- Basic knowledge of computer software; Experience with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) is an asset.
- Able to lift/carry a 50 pound load on occasion.
- Must be available to work overtime when required.
- Forklift operator's license is considered an asset.
- Qualified to handle and prepare hazardous material shipments is considered an asset.
- Customer service oriented.
- Energetic, reliable, punctual, hardworking, team player, independent, detail-oriented and can multi-task.
- Good organization of work, time management and priorities.
- Good work ethic and positive attitude.
Experience and education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a shipping/receiving clerk in a warehouse.
- Good communication skills; must speak, read and write English.
Manufacturing and Production Transportation and Warehousing Operations and Logistics