Absolute Software is looking for a passionate and proven quality engineering leader, that has deep experience of delivering cloud releases at rapid pace, while delivering higher quality for customers and users.
The VP of Quality Engineering role is key in leading the overall QA strategy and execution for the Absolute platform. This will be a hands-on role, getting into the details of how we deliver software today, how we automate, and working to improve and increase our already high standards. This includes development and maintenance of policies, procedures and standards in the company's QE functions. Including the adherence to and promotion of Quality Engineering Policies, Absolute Security Policies and Technical Operations Security Policies. Essentially ensuring our engineering culture has "quality built in".Accountabilities will include:
Education / Qualification Expected:
- Delivering releases with high quality, both on the cloud side (SAAS) and endpoints (Windows, PCs, Laptops, IOT and mobile). Leading QA across the organization, to ensure high quality and reliable products.
- Providing direct leadership to the Quality Engineering teams to define and execute effective testing methodologies and best practices to ensure high quality deployments in suitable timeframes
- Instill the importance of automation in the Quality Engineering teams and drive the teams to create efficient & effective automation.
- Define, standardize and apply the QE strategy for product teams while remaining flexible to individual team needs.
- Partner with dependent teams and encourage partnership within your org to break silos and deliver quality across the entire Absolute platform.
- Implement & drive continuous improvement plans in quality, automation, career growth, process and support your teams to contribute to these initiatives.
- Define and drive performance testing focused on performance, reliability and sustainability.
- Build strong relationships with across departments to understand the needs for the QE department and tools
- Measure and report on quality engineering metrics on a regular basis
- Identify a strategy for maintaining consistent QE environments to provide as much time for testing as possible
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for individual QE contributors on the team
- Oversee and direct the necessary work for the company attain or retain satisfactory audit results in areas such as SOX, SAS 70 compliance, ISO 27001
Why Work For Us:
- 15 or more years of experience in software development and or quality engineering role and 10 or more years in a management role.
- Proven track record in leading QE and automation teams
- Proven track record delivering products at scale
- Working, partnering and getting results. Some teams will report to you, some will report into scrum teams - so experience working in a matrix environment will be key.
- Proven track record of delivering releases on time with high quality across multiple factors - cloud, mobile, laptops etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with QE tools for test automation and performance testing
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Experience in endpoint security, iOT security or other areas
- Experience in managing teams across multiple locations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of, and experience in implementing industry standard documentation for SAS 70, SOX compliance, ISO or equivalents is an asset
- Excellent ability to evangelize quality, security and the processes required to achieve it, throughout the organization.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer
Software and Programming Information Technology