VP of Finance – Real Estate Development Experience
The Vice President of Finance will oversee the execution on all construction projects and provide analytical support across the company to create business value. Based in of Vancouver, B.C. this growing real estate developer presents an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and evolving organization. The successful candidate also leads the company’s finance department and play a key role in financial planning processes, including budgeting, long-term forecasting, developing and monitoring key performance metrics and analysis of various initiatives and investment decisions.
- Working with the owner and CEO, leading the company’s financial operations including developing the operational team that manages projects, and delivers solutions
- Establish performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and develop recommendations that support the company’s strategic plan
- Oversee the financial reporting systems, guide and monitor strategic corporate initiatives.
- Instinctively have a handle on all the numbers, build confidence that results in no need to “second guess”.
- Develop and monitor the company’s key performance metrics.
- Control operations and operational standards for all projects.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to warehouse management, project management and scheduled service delivery and installation.
- Successfully inspire the team to internalize the vision and business direction and use these concepts effectively to help run departments.
- Review the dashboard and reports on relevant changes in financial metrics.
- Develop short and long-term HR requirement plans.
- Develop and execute recruiting, on-boarding, and employee career development systems.
- CPA, MBA or equivalent experience with leadership and mentorship ability.
- 10+ years senior experience preparing strategic, financial and business analysis.
- Must have strong construction industry experience
- Experience with capital management, budgeting and cost controls.
- Advanced financial knowledge with a strong understanding of practices and procedures necessary to effectively control financial outcomes, including the ability to develop budgets, forecasts and performance reports.
- Advanced business acumen with proven knowledge of analytics and financial modelling.
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and detail oriented.
- Entrepreneurial with strong emotional intelligence, solutions oriented, understands people.
- Experience building and adapting defined systems, processes and procedures within a company.
- Ability to prepare and make comprehensive presentations, participate in formal debates and communicate professionally before an audience.
- Knowledge of standard computer software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and financial applications. (ACCPAC, Sage, Microsoft GP, etc.)
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Candace Amirault, Business and Recruitment Manager or Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference # 2422-CA, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.