A leading manufacturer is looking to have a strategic finance executive join their team. Based in a suburb of Vancouver, B.C. this growing firm presents an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and evolving organization.
• Drive a rigorous annual strategic planning process across the group in order to provide analytical insight, assess risks, and help guide decision-making with regard to product line investments and divestitures.
• Develop, analyze, and interpret financial information in order to evaluate operating results in terms of performance against budget, forecast, competitive benchmarks, and other matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company.
• Lead the quarterly financial planning process with functional management and corporate staff.
• Provide leadership and be responsible for financial (including foreign exchange and interest rate) risk management, capital structure planning and analysis.
• Quickly understand the complexity of the business, identify areas that need immediate attention, and help affect change across all business and functional groups at the company.
• Participate with senior management in the evaluation of current financial systems and processes in order to define short-term and long-term solutions.
• Regularly present financial results and plans to the Board of Directors.
• Lead a transformation of the demand planning process, dramatically increasing forecast accuracy and insight.
Desired Skills and Experience Requirements:
• CMA, CA or CGA designation
• MBA degree will be an asset and 15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles with evidence of successive promotions and significant tenure.
• Manufacturing experience is required.
• Broad finance experience including but not limited to: Financial Planning and Analysis Strategic Planning Manufacturing, Sales, Business Unit, and G&A Finance Cost accounting and revenue accounting Demand Planning
• Experience in presenting to Board of Directors and engagements with mergers and acquisitions.
• Experience managing a team • High-energy, analytical, strategic thinker with very strong business acumen. Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
• Proven track record of contributing to the overall strategic direction and general management of the company, with the ability to influence at a senior executive level.
• Experience with a service-based organization with a strong customer service focus enabling better decisions by management. • Be trained in a company known for its financial excellence and management capabilities.
• A mindset and know how to look beyond the numbers, and see where the real financial and growth levers for the company lie.
• Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain finance talent.
We thank all candidate for their applications, however only those short listed will be contacted.
ONLY CANDIDATES LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA SHOULD APPLY.
Connect with employer:
About Chorius Executive Search
CHORIUS is a Vancouver BC based Executive Search & Management Consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the small, mid-sized and large businesses.
We assist Executives to make distinctive...