Volunteer Project Manager (Storyline Reimagined - Covid-19 Pivot to a Registered Charity)
- C loses June 5, 2020 at 12pm Location:
Annex welcomes opportunities to give back to the community. To that effect, we are working with PMV, a non-profit organization that helps other non-profit organizations achieve a wide range of projects and goals by facilitating the volunteer activities of professional Project Managers. Annex is helping to provide visibility to this worthwhile organization's search for volunteers on a no-fee basis. We will gather and forward applications directly to PMV and the non-profit organization mentioned in the job description below.
Storyline is a three-year old federally incorporated socially focused business, conforming to over 51% indigenous ownership as per the requirements of the Federal Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business. Its primary focus to date was on social impact projects to improve education attainment and preparedness in local communities and First Nations. As a result of Covid-19, Storyline began collaborating with volunteer citizen led start up groups who fearlessly and selflessly gave of their time and expertise to design and create personal protective equipment for front line responders. To assist citizens and businesses in scaling and sustaining their effort at the same time as re-defining what achievement of self-sufficiency and prosperity looks like, Storyline's pivot is to become a Registered Charity.
To pursue the activities outlined above and, in the manner described, a new business paradigm is required. This project will work with multiple aligned contributors from DECIDIUM, other social impact business leaders, academia and government together with Storyline's visionary founder to create a new organization, including developing the business canvass, operational model, developing strategic plans, designing the governance model and building the management team. Scope of Work
- Enable Storyline's contributors and founder to work together to complete the deliverables outlined below.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a charitable organization that will enable the achievement of the new vision.
- Business Canvas
- Operational Model
- Strategic Plan
- Governance Structure (including Board of Directors)
- Organization Structure / Corporate Governance - positions and candidate requirements
- StoryLine Implementation Plan
- 5+ years of project management consulting experience
- 5+ years of management consulting experience
- Excellent group facilitation skills and experiences
- Understanding and or basic experience of design thinking
- Knowledge of socio-economic issues in Canada (e.g. poverty, mental health)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Exceptional planning and leadership skills with ability to prioritize work, manage, and assist in tracking the valuable contributions made by volunteer contributors
- Knowledge of local economic development would be an asset
- Solid understanding of Risk Management
- Experience with policy and governance of not-for-profits and charities would be preferred
- Connie Delisle will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference as appropriate. The PM Volunteer, if agreed to, will be featured on LinkedIn or other business network platforms and an article will be prepared for the Project Management Journal.
June 15, 2020 Duration:
5 months (3-4 days (20-30 hours) over 1st few weeks, 3 hours/week after that)
Please apply with a detailed resume and a cover letter that tells a story about how this project either relates to your personal experience or discusses your interest in supporting its Federation. Please highlight why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project.
Contact: Connie Delisle, Founder, Storyline Associates
Please send copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Contact: Peter Mulholland, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.