Volunteer Project Manager (Program Relocation and Expansion of Services Business Plan)
- Closes March 22, 2019 at 12pmLocation:
Annex Consulting welcomes opportunities to give back to the community. To that effect, we are working with a non-profit organization in the volunteer sector to recruit a volunteer Project Manager. Annex is helping to provide visibility to this worthwhile organization's search for volunteers on a no-fee basis. We will gather and forward applications directly to this organization.
Arbutus Shaughnessy Kerrisdale (ASK) Friendship Society's mission is to provide opportunities that enhance quality of life for older adults. ASK runs an Adult Day Program as well as provides education and advocacy for seniors living in the community. The Adult Day Program provides therapeutic activities with the support of a caring team of trained staff members for seniors who have chronic health challenges or who have difficulty meeting their own social needs. Scope of Work
Working with the Directors the PM volunteer will build a business plan and budget proposal for the relocation and expansion of services of ASK Friendship Society in its new location. Part of the business plan will include gathering vital information from potential stakeholders in the community, with regards to partnerships, funding and grants. The PM volunteer will need to attend the ASK's Board Long Range Planning Committee meetings. Attendance may also be required to attend community information gatherings meetings and assist in the development of presentations. Objective
- Work with Director of Development, Executive Director and Board of Directors to determine their priorities for the Arbutus site including coordinating with the City of Vancouver and architectural team in the design of the space with flexibility for changing and emerging requirements.
- Prepare proposal(s) of services expansion and new programs for implementation and identify potential funders.
- Help build a budget for the new programs.
- Completed business plan for relocation and expansion of services in the new location
- Completed budget estimate for relocation and expansion of services in the new location
- Minimum three years of project management experience, ideally in elder community
- Experience working with various senior groups
- Experience with grant applications for the City of Vancouver would be an asset
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Having a passion for seniors is an asset
Miranda Haley will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.Start:
April 15, 2019Duration:
9 months (10-15 hours per month)
Suitable individuals meeting or exceeding all of the above criteria are encouraged to send a response in the strictest of confidence detailing the required skills for immediate consideration by hitting the button.Responses should include the following:
Updated cover letter and resume (BOTH IN ONE DOCUMENT)
clearly indicating the required experience.