Volunteer Project Manager
- Society Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC) 2019 - Event Planning / Implementation
- Closes March 15, 2019 at 12pmLocation:
Annex Consulting welcomes opportunities to give back to the community. To that effect, we are working with a non-profit organization in the volunteer sector to recruit a volunteer Project Manager. Annex is helping to provide visibility to this worthwhile organization's search for volunteers on a no-fee basis. We will gather and forward applications directly to this organization.
The Society Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC) is a non-profit, charitable and volunteer-driven organization, founded in 1969. SPEC is the oldest environmental non-profit in Canada. Through SPEC's open education and outreach programs SPEC is able to provide our communities with the tools to build greener cities together. SPEC works with citizens, industries and government agencies, putting their brains together to create a healthy environment. Scope of Work
The volunteer PM will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the event. Main tasks will include identifying and advising on required resources, coordinating sponsorship and communications strategies, establishing a logistics plan, and leading/monitoring the teams throughout the planning and implementation phases. The PM will work closely with SPEC staff and volunteers in the planning and implementation of the event. Objective
- To organize a successful 50th birthday celebration for SPEC. (Successful = happy participants!)
- To coordinate with sponsors, potential fund providers and permit providers.
- To plan for sustainability related workshops during the event.
- A Project Plan including a detailed event implementation plan, marketing and communications plan, sponsorship plan and identification of key milestones
- Ensuring milestones are met including the development of mitigation plans to address potential delays
- Performance evaluation of the event
- A Final Report closing out the project from a scope, cost and time perspective
- File (digital or paper) containing all the key information on how to organize this event (for future years)
- A lesson learned session within 2 weeks following the event
- Solid project management experience
- Experience with event planning and implementation
- Background working with not-for-profit organizations, including experience managing teams of volunteers
- Strong organizational and communication skills
SPEC will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.Start:
March 20, 2019Duration:
6 months (5 hours per week, 100 hours overall)
Suitable individuals meeting or exceeding all of the above criteria are encouraged to send a response in the strictest of confidence detailing the required skills for immediate consideration by hitting the button.Responses should include the following:
Updated cover letter and resume (BOTH IN ONE DOCUMENT)
clearly indicating the required experience.