Volunteer Program Manager (Roadmap Strategy Planning)
- Closes March 31, 2019 at 12pmLocation:
Annex Consulting welcomes opportunities to give back to the community. To that effect, we are working with a non-profit organization in the volunteer sector to recruit a volunteer Project Manager. Annex is helping to provide visibility to this worthwhile organization's search for volunteers on a no-fee basis. We will gather and forward applications directly to this organization.
The Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society (VCDS) is a not-for-profit organization providing free, safe, timely and efficient transportation to and from cancer related medical appointments throughout the Lower Mainland. VCDS team of volunteer drivers and dispatchers, offers peace of mind for patients who may not have the means to drive to and from appointments.
Starting with a few drivers and no funding, in less than 3 years the VCDS has grown 25-30% annually. With 10 dispatchers and 175 volunteer drivers, VCDS completed over 16,000 trips with cancer patients in 2018. To date the VCDS has consistently fulfilled over 99% of the patient transportation requests. Scope of Work
- Grant applications and research
- Acquisition of new private and corporate donors
- Planned Giving including In-kind and Legacy Giving
- Kindness Pays forward and Giving Tuesday
- Education and awareness
Develop and manage a Donor Development and Management Strategy for the VCDS to maintain and grow existing donor support and cultivate new relationships resulting in a consistent stream of financial support.
- Cultivate relationships with new donors;
- Steward current doors to maximize donor retention, engagement and investment:
- Implement communications strategies with supporters to grow relationships.
- Developing a program to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Provide a list of projects to support the developed program plan
- Change management plan to ensure needed changes can be implemented to archive the goals
- Solid program management background
- Highly analytical and focused
- Good knowledge of project management principles
- Experience with fundraising would be beneficial
VCDS will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.Start:
4 months (60 - 80 hours)
Suitable individuals meeting or exceeding all of the above criteria are encouraged to send a response in the strictest of confidence detailing the required skills for immediate consideration by hitting the button.Responses should include the following:
Updated cover letter and resume (BOTH IN ONE DOCUMENT)
clearly indicating the required experience.