Our Experience, Marketing, and Insights team is growing! We're looking for a client-centric individual who loves data and has experience working with Power BI and SQL to work in the expanding Insights team. You'll support two elements of the Insights team, the Voice of the Customer Program (VOC) as well as the Insights body of research.
The VOC program is being redesigned and is focused on ensuring WorkSafeBC sources and understands feedback on stakeholder experience to generate actionable insights to inform operational improvements to support work providing positive customer experiences. Insights research contributes to a wide range of research in support of our mandate, as well as functional areas of the business.
As a Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Insights Support Analyst, you'll be responsible for a wide range of data related tasks, including maintaining end-to-end data support, analytics, surveying and reporting for the VOC program and ad hoc Insights research projects. You'll play a vital role in supporting an improved understanding of our diverse group of stakeholders, by ensuring data quality and maintenance of contacts for surveying for feedback, timeliness of data related tasks, and helping to design and maintain reporting that makes us work smarter not harder are top priorities. How you'll make a difference:
You'll build the understanding and trust that helps WorkSafeBC serve people across B.C. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office. What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you?
- Provide day-to-day support for the Voice of the Customer (VOC) Program, including survey sample project management, extract preparation of data, liaising with various business units to schedule, revise, and quality check data
- Create datasets for analytics by implementing calculations, data cleansing and standardization, data mapping, and linking
- Sourcing data from multiple sources to increase the data granularity and understanding; translating data into analytics using data warehousing programming language(s) and technology including SQL to create user-friendly reports and dashboards
- Act as subject matter expert on the company-wide survey tool (for which training will be provided), including any administrative duties related to the survey platform
- Perform other related research duties as assigned by the Insights team, such as ad hoc sample extraction and management, analysis, and reporting
We're looking for someone who can:
Your background and experience
- Confidently work independently as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams, leveraging actionable insights
- Perform a variety of data related tasks including creation and maintenance of data sets alongside analysis and reporting
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, with a keen attention to detail
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Sociology, Psychology, Behavioural Science, Public Policy, Engineering, Technology, and/or Economics
- A minimum of 27 months of recent related experience involving data extraction and data analysis, using Power BI, SQL, and/or data architecture
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
We'll consider equivalent combinations of education and experience. Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Health care and dental benefits
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer . Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply . If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Sales and Marketing