You are a trained videographer/video editor with hands-on experience creating engaging and informative internal videos in a large, complex organization. As a Video Communications Editor, you understand the value of brand aesthetic and storytelling, and can execute on-brand videos through filming (camera, lighting, audio), editing and motion graphics. You enjoy working collaboratively with a team, and you understand how to manage all the details of a project to deliver a creative product on schedule. If you can turn a small idea into an engaging story that connects employees to our company values - we want to hear from you!
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites
Join the Ledcor Communications team in Vancouver, BC!
- Film engaging and informative internal video communications while applying best practices in storyboarding, cinematography, audio recording, and lighting
- Set up camera equipment for video shoots and support with background staging
- Edit video projects in accordance with Ledcor's Brand Guidelines
- Incorporate typography animation and motion graphics.
- Spot opportunities to capture b-roll and interview footage to support other projects and find new ways to re-purpose video footage
- Create visual elements of operational group videos for annual employee meeting (AORM) - including videos for service, multiple awards and other initiatives.
- Support the team with graphic design requests from the business for various purposes, including posters, digital banners, event signage, brand elements and various other internal and external requests
- Coach Ledcor talent on best practices to relax and create engaging storytelling and voiceovers to educate and inspire employees. Provide on-site direction, keeping the shoot on schedule and following site safety protocol
- Maintain equipment inventory by following security protocols and tracking rentals
- Partner with onsite Safety coordinators to ensure all safety orientation requirements are met, and personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided for film crews to enter work sites
- Coordinate travel and equipment for video shoots. Travel to scout potential shoot locations prior to filming, and on scheduled filming dates
- Minimum of 2 years' of video production experience and can share samples of your work
- Previous experience with employee communications, working with production teams, graphic design or project management is an asset
- Completion of post secondary education in Communications, Video or Film Production, or equivalent work experience
- Videographer who can execute and film a shot list with complete understanding of cinematography standards and familiarity with common DSLRs
- Experience working with professional cinema cameras, audio equipment, and grip/lighting gear
- Strong knowledge of environmental lighting and 3-point lighting setups and how to effectively expose, compose, and direct actors/models and/or interview subjects to accomplish beautiful shots
- Strong understanding of video editing, colour correction and audio mixing, along with a good understanding of graphics creation and typography
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proven Communication skills both verbal and written and have demonstrated ability to deliver professional, engaging and impactful messages through a variety of media
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Collaborates, works well within team projects and can lead a project to successful completion
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
Additional Information: Company Description
- Travel to various sites and office locations (approximately 25% of the time) is required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Aug 4, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sales and Marketing