Reporting to the CEO, The incumbent is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management of the group.
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Oversees accounting and finance department, budget preparation, and tax and audit functions. Meets regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction.
- Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Analyzes company to pinpoint opportunities and revenue generation and/or cost reduction.
- Confers with president, VP’s and division leaders to CEO, coordinate and prioritize planning.
- Work with management to ensure that the Company’s quality control and processes operate effectively.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop, implement & manage financial and cash strategies, monitor / forecast cash balances
- Monitor and enhance KPI’s that support the various companies strategic direction
- Research, coordinate and understand international legal and tax planning for operating companies
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile, report issues to the board of advisors
- Monitor all open legal & compliance issues involving the company, and issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor and manage foreign currency and interest rate risks
- Support Treasury in the arrangement of debt and equity financing in alignment with group policies
Experience and qualifications
- A degree in accounting or business administration
- CPA Designation
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Must have Manufacturing experience. Marine experience will be a great asset
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Applicants who do not fit this criteria will not be considered.
We thank all our applicants. However, only those shortlisted will be contacted due to high volume of applicants.
Posted: February 17, 2018
Closes:April 18, 2018