Carmanah is looking for a Vice President, Finance to join our accounting and leadership team for a 1-year term (April 2023 to May 2024).
Reporting to the President, this role will oversee all financial aspects of the Company's operational financial strategy and planning. In this role, you will be responsible for consulting with the President in assessing financial performance and risks and guiding the Company towards profitability and long-term success. This position provides support for both projects and staff members and will be expected to work with internal departments and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a high proficiency in Excel, a CPA designation and recent management experience. Top-notch communication skills and the ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment are key in this role. Primary Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Lead a small collaborative accounting team, provide regular performance feedback and mentorship.
- Prepare and distribute internal management reporting on a timely basis.
- Provide analysis and explanation for trends and anomalies for period over period fluctuations.
- Manage and prepare budgets, forecasts, cash flow and other reports.
- Support compliance efforts with local, state/provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Oversee accounting procedures and policies.
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
- Liaise with auditors during the annual audit.
- Provide reports and presentations to the Board of Directors; take part in Board calls, as required.
- Participate in monthly leadership meetings.
- Travel may be required 2 or 3 times over the term.
To apply, please visit our Careers page at https://carmanah.com/about-us/careers/ and submit your resume and cover letter, with thanks. Images Additional Info
- CPA designation is required.
- Management experience within a corporate setting.
- 5 years of post-designation experience in accounting, financial reporting, and exposure to internal controls/business processes documentation.
- Current knowledge of US GAAP.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products; high proficiency in Excel is a must-have.
- Experience using NetSuite considered an asset.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of the role and its responsibilities while working within a team environment.
- Exceptional work ethic, self-directed, and flexible.
Job Type : Contract
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level, Director
Management and Executive