We're looking for a Vice President, Corporate Marketing to drive our global brand strategy, management, creative design, campaigns and events to deliver a best-in-class customer experience that increases awareness, consideration, trial, purchase, renewal, upsell and advocacy. You'll be working closely with the Hootsuite Executive Leadership and our Marketing Leadership team to direct global corporate communications strategy and execution. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the CMO. Please note that the role will include 25% of travel to events and other Hootsuite offices. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Lead, coach and develop a team of 40+ marketing, brand, communications, and social media professionals, along with global brand, creative and communications agencies in North America, EMEA, APAC and LatAm.
- Oversee global content marketing strategy, design, execution and continuous improvement to equip marketing and sales teams with important, interesting and timely content that builds, accelerates and converts leads.
- Direct global corporate communications strategy and execution, including public, media and analyst relations; executive communications and thought leadership; and reputation management and crisis communications, to advance Hootsuite's position as the clear leader in social media management.
- Oversee the social marketing team as a best-in-class model for our Hootsuite customers and partners.
- Lead marketing strategy, operations, enablement and program management to inspire a high performance marketing organization.
- Oversee market insights, market & customer research, and competitive intelligence.
- Create a diverse, high performance team environment that inspires pride, retains and motivates top talent, and attracts new talent.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 15+ years of corporate marketing, communications, PR, external and internal communications experience at both private and public fast-growing companies with 10+ years communication leadership and 5+ years agency experience.
- Experience creating and using strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results.
- Mastery of external communications with a fluency in social and the most current communications practices to create a differentiated brand.
- Presentation to executive leaders, board members, C-level customers and a variety of internal and external audiences.
- The building and execution of media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-suite leadership.
- Agency and contractor management with scalable processes to drive and measure results.
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics and communications requirements relevant to a publicly-traded company, as well as IPO communications experience is a nice to have.
- Expert writing and editing skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, speechwriting and other corporate communications.
- Alignment of key stakeholders to decisions, working collaboratively with partners and customers and getting desired stories told.
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs.
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Build inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals.
- Capability delivering results through others, good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work.
- Identification of key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
- Challenge and support of others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team.
*** This opportunity is based in Vancouver, BC and relocation assistance and immigration support will be provided to the successful candidate.*** Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sales and Marketing