A well-established medium sized company is looking to hire full time purchasing manager. Our company is in the international trading industry specialising in recycled products, containers and transportation between Canada and Asia. We offer a competitive base salary and commission, along with an extended health benefit plan and paid vacation time.
- Achieve the monthly sales target as defined by the company and the branch manager
- Develop the network with potential agents and buyers in the industry
- Support in tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the business
- Assist management to increase sales by inspecting daily reports, reporting any problems to management
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Coordinate and control quantity and timing of deliveries
- A certain level of flexibility regarding availability outside of the normal working hours is required
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
*Qualifications and Requirements*
In order for the ideal candidate to perform successfully, the following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Commerce
Knowledge and experience in automobiles industry an asset
Have minimum of 1 to 2 years in marketing and sales work experience with a proven track record
Must be fluent in English. Ability to communicate in French and/or Chinese is an asset.
Highly adept to networking, preferably with a solid book of contacts
Sensitive to market evaluation and customer’s interest
Good communication and organisational skills
Motivated and has good problem-solving skills to overcome objections
Dynamic, self-starter and can work well under pressure
Must either be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident status
Drivers license and own vehicle is required