: VDI Technical Support Length
: 6 months to start (Likely will extended to two more terms with 6 months each) Responsibilities
The VDI Technical Support will commit to and pursue continuous quality improvement according to IT Service Management best practices.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Full accountability for the virtual test lab environment and related infrastructure including design and build changes, management, and oversight of the test lab and related servers. Test lab accountabilities include but is not limited to setup; capacity planning; systems maintenance; VDI testing; virtual machine (VM) and PC inventory management; and re-imaging PCs.
- Lead internal and external stakeholders across multiple organizations to research, conduct root cause analysis and troubleshoot virtual application issues across VPP. This includes producing comprehensive customer reports including strategies for resolution and optimization and providing on-call after hours support during evenings and weekends.
- Engage clients and maintain ongoing communication to meet testing requirements as well as in a VDI administrative capacity.
- Identify and provide issue resolution support including providing on-call support under the direction of Solution Support Technical Lead.
- Coordinate service planning and support for both Win 7 and Win 10 virtualized applications across VPP. Work closely with business units, functional area managers, and architecture team members to confirm schedules, requirements and plans that direct VDI ongoing support/implementation activities. Resolve problems and scheduling conflicts and provides status updates and reports.
- Research new technologies related to unique clinical / business requirements including enterprise-wide solution strategies (e.g. Kiosks and tracking boards; application and desktop virtualization such as Unidesk, Uniprint, VMWare/VMSphere, Hyperconverge, Nutanix, etc.).
- Service Providers and external resources to ensure holistic end-to-end delivery of integrated virtual solutions to the client. This includes supporting project and change management activities, and implementation of approved solutions and plans in a test environment.
- Support IT service management and daily operations such as problem management, application release, patching, change management, etc.
- Participate in all required team, governance and client engagement meetings in support of fulfilling the role's core accountabilities.
- Support the development of formalized solution and process documentation that add further insight and depth of knowledge to the solution area as well as other supporting documentation including but not limited to technical documentation, technical diagrams, training materials, standard operating procedures, and general communications materials
- Perform other related duties as required
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a degree in information technology or related discipline.
- One or more related certifications such as VMWare certification, Citrix certification or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent related experience with IT disciplines from an enterprise environment in a large, complex, multi-site organization.
- Knowledge of and working experience with current, emerging and transformational technologies including but not limited to Thin Client / VDI technology (VMWare, Citrix), XenApp, cloud and managed services, Unidesk, Uniprint, VMWare / VMSphere, Hyperconverge, Nutanix, and Active Directory.
- Deliver bridging solutions in support of desktops across business areas Win 7 to Win 10 environments (i.e., supporting application virtualization solutions like Turbo).
- Provides critical technical support for automated remote discovery applications (Nlyte, Juriba, Lansweeper) that drives significant data analysis for application usage, compliance and licensing improvement and cost savings.
- Validates Windows 10 images and providing tier 2 and 3 support including Group Policy Objects (GPOs) / DEM for VDI.
- Validates Windows 10 feature releases, patches and updates for VDI.
- Prior experience with defining core infrastructure requirements in areas such as file management, SQL, storage, network architecture, and servers as well as IT lab administration including servers and security.
- Ability to document solution design with emphasis on scalability, security, architecture, diagrams, rationale, requirements and technical configurations supported by systems analysis.
- Ability to comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Ability to translate clinical and business needs to technical solution requirements.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with diverse stakeholders, focusing on clients, and working in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent demonstrated record of technical issue resolution including root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation as well as the ability to identify multiple alternate technical options for presentation to the client.
- Understanding of project management and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in exercising strong communications and interpersonal skills to effectively relate to a diverse group of stakeholders including conveying complex technical concepts in easy to understand terms.
- Working knowledge of application development, testing, QA environment and other
platforms for complex enterprise.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, while influencing and supporting.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment - proven organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office toolsets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.