The Amazon FinTech Design team is looking for UX Designer to design Financial Accounting worldwide experiences . You would be working on a variety of customer journeys, across multiple products from Retail to the payment space. Our engineering teams are spread over North America including Seattle,WA, Arlington, VA, and Vancouver, CA .
This UX Designer will have a passion for improving the customer experience and driving high-visibility programs that will impact product designs used by millions of people. As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for owning the development of user experiences that get upstream and are strategically created to scale, and support scope. You will be partnering with internal and external customers on Financial Accounting products to transact hundreds of billions of dollars worth of invoices and payments to our vendor and supplier population globally. You'll be an advocate for accessible design and always strive to work backwards from customer problems and needs. You will work closely with other UX designers on the team, UX researchers, UX writers, design technologists, product managers, and engineers to understand Finance Accounting payable narratives across all of Amazon's business, worldwide. Financial expertise & experience is not necessary, but you should be an expert in working with highly abstracted, ambiguous requirements.
• Use business requirements, usability findings and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
• Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
• Translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces
• Present design work to the user experience team and product team for review and feedback
• Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution accounting for complex requirements
• Proactively manage your own work queue, time and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and tradeoffs if your schedule is in jeopardy
• Manage ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within a team, and switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment
• Understand target user through user research and drive toward more collecting more data when needed.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 5+ years of experience in delivering design solutions as a UX designer, or interaction designer.
• An online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
• Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Proficiency designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Keynote, and InVisionPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience designing customer facing products
• Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Unflappable good humor, courtesy and ability to build rapport with stakeholders, designers, developers and leaders
• Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
• Talent for crafting imaginative and innovative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency and interaction harmony
• Understanding of the current state of technology and best practices
• Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design-understand accepted UX process standards well enough to be entitled to selectively abandon them
• Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography
• Background creating accessible designs
Creative and Graphic Design