Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate UX designer to join our growing team. The designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design direction for AWS Step Functions and Amazon EventBridge, part of the AWS serverless portfolio. Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, the designer will work collaboratively with other designers, engineers, product managers and executives.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. The AWS serverless portfolio simplifies a complex domain by allowing developers to innovate without worrying about managing servers or infrastructure. These services are used by customers to explore other planets, run mission- and life-critical applications, train machine learning models, and solve their trickiest problems. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
• Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
• Understand customers and their needs through customer research, analytics and feedback.
• Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
• Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
• Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
• Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations. Mentor and assist junior designers and interns.
• Last but not least, have fun in the process!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
• Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and/or stakeholders.
• Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
• Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
Creative and Graphic Design Information Technology