Fortinet is looking for an Intermediate UX Designer to join the product development team at our Burnaby R&D site. In this position your primary responsibility will be to test, review and work with technical stakeholders to continually improve the user experience on Fortinet mobile applications.
You will discover new ways to measure their experience and make suggestions that save them time on complex day to day tasks. You will be working in a role integrated with the development team, reviewing and proposing design changes as part of the day to day workflow.Job Responsibilities:
- Work with developers to produce high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes for interfaces
- Monitor and respond to application feedback and feature requests find new ways to improve product usability
- Conduct hands-on UX workshops with local customers to test and improve the usability of new features
- Contribute to design pattern documentation that can be re-used across multiple products & applications
- Develop expert-level knowledge of both Fortinet & competitor products, and leverage that to simplify application design
- 3 years of UX design experience including a mobile application (iOS or Android)
- Creative, analytical, and curious in resolving complex UI issues
- Interest & experience with Computer Networks & Cyber Security
- Experience with modern design & prototyping software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch)
- Ability to quickly learn new tools & adapt to changing environments
- B.Sc of computer science or college diploma in web/mobile applications, or equivalent work experience.
Software and Programming Information Technology