The User Experience (UX) Engineer is responsible for defining the user experience and performing user experience tasks including user interface (UI) Design, user research and usability testing, at the project-level.Details
• Develop human factors design and functional specifications based on analysis and/or research for software application products, including workflow analysis, process modeling and user interface design.
• Support sales, product management and development departments by determining customer needs and user interface requirements.
• Utilize iterative development processes, and collaborate with a team of individuals to define detailed user interface designs.
• Coordinate and facilitate meetings with cross functional teams to gather and document requirements to explore potential solutions.
• Use proven human factors methodologies and tools, recommend changes to improve the overall usability of the design or process, and produce products that minimize complexity of use, training and support.
• Contribute to the visualization and re-imagination of existing applications by creating wireframe mockups, prototypes, and web-based user interface.
• Plan and execute usability testing with prototypes.
• Initiate user champion reviews of interface designs.
• Identify and communicate potential risks and roadblocks on projects. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5611 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019