Corix invites applications from candidates with proven skills, qualifications and abilities for the regular full time position of Utility Operator Level 1 or 2 in theKamloops, BC region. Corix Utilities undertakes the construction, operation, and maintenance of multi-utility systems serving various resorts and residential communities throughout BC. This position will appeal to someone looking for the opportunity to participate in a dynamic growth oriented organization and rewards results. Extensive training and development will be encouraged.Business Unit
Corix Utilities Reports to
Operations Manager/Operations Supervisor/Supervisor, Utility Services Who we are Our Purpose
is to help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years across Canada and the U.S. Our vision
is to be the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Throughout our history, we have helped communities to grow and thrive by implementing safe and efficient infrastructure solutions that meet their unique needs. At Corix our values
are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for a Utility Operator I or 2 based in Kamloops, BC
. This position will appeal to someone looking for the opportunity to participate in a dynamic growth oriented organization and rewards results. Extensive training and development will be encouraged. What you'll do
What you bring
- Control flow and processing of water/wastewater, residuals, and finished water/effluent, operating valves and gates either manually or by remote control
- Monitor gauges, meters and control panels and observes variations in operating conditions
- Collect samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses, interpreting test results to determine processing requirements
- Ensure plant records are accurate and up to date
- Start and stop pumps, engines and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sampling of all aspects of the wastewater utility systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Operate, inspect and service equipment in water and wastewater, including hydraulics, pumps, valves etc
- Perform related security, safety and administrative procedures involving chemical hazards, personal protective equipment, general health and safety procedures, and emergency preparedness
- Maintain emergency preparedness binders and field operating manuals
- Undertake routine repairs to water distribution and wastewater treatment and collection systems
- Maintain shift logs, recoding meter and gauge readings
- Perform other related duties as required
Education / Experience
- Certified Water/Wastewater Operator Level 2, or ability to attain within 1 year of employment; may be in the process of obtaining second-level license.
Life at Corix
- Hours of work may include weekends and on-call
- Paid Time off and Holidays : We offer 15 days of vacation and 11 paid holidays.
- Extended Health Benefits: We offer our employees extended health and dental coverage that is flexible to meet your unique needs. This can include chiropractic, massages or therapy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): EAP is readily available to new employees on Day 1, giving you access to resources pertaining to confidential support services. Some examples include mental health, relationship/marital conflicts, and legal and financial issues
- Sick Hours: We offer 15 sick days that you start accruing on day 1 to ensure that you are taking care of your wellbeing without having to worry about getting paid
- Flexible Work: We are flexible when it comes to meeting your needs in terms of work location. We welcome flexible work options to support your needs
- RRSP Program: We believe in investing in your future. We match your RRSP contributions up to 5%.
- Technology in the Workplace: Access to most recent computer applications like Microsoft Suite, Video Conferencing tools and utilizing tablet, laptop and/or mobile device
- Grow at Corix: If you are interested in further developing your skillset within the role, we offer tuition reimbursements for any certification/licensing/self-development that you would like to explore.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted. Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations available upon request. People Focused and Inclusive Culture
We attract and develop connected, high performing people of diverse background, ethnicities and experiences, who achieve their goals in alignment with our purpose, vision, and values. Creating an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone is included and able to do their best work and feel as though they belong.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
CU*** Corix designs, supplies, builds, installs, finances, and operates local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, military, and private sector customers. Inspired by our vision to build a world of sustainable communities, Corix is recognized as a community-focused provider of the essential utility services necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the communities and customers we serve. We differentiate ourselves from traditional utility service providers through our broad expertise in water, wastewater, and energy utilities and our ability to leverage that scope of expertise to structure tailored solutions that meet the requirements of small and medium-sized communities.
Customer Service and Support