Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate user experience researcher to join our growing team. This user researcher will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the research direction for multiple AWS products, services, and platforms.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS enable our users, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor, to harness the power of the cloud. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
This user experience researcher will have significant impact on our business, focused on supporting a range of new and emerging workflow services, such as AWS Step Functions. You will develop and execute a strategic program of research, working collaboratively with a cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers, product managers, business leaders and software engineers to explore, create and refine ways in which our customers leverage technology for their businesses. You will work closely with customers building sophisticated solutions to learn how our services can meet their needs.
You will be responsible for driving and implementing research strategies. You will interact daily with team members to understand and guide research needs (known and unknown). You will also be required to work with minimal direction and be capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You will work on overlapping projects, which require the ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, and also, a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, while pushing the boundaries of agile research.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Build a research road-map; communicate and refresh on regular basis to ensure relevancy.
• Identify best method or mix of quantitative and qualitative methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
• Build and continuously improve a robust and thoughtful approach to gather customer insights and collaborate with other research teams in Amazon to align on best practice.
• Designing, conducting, and analyzing results from a variety of research studies including usability lab studies, remote research, field studies and survey design.
• Recruit and schedule usability participants for research studies.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports, personas)
• 3-5+ years of end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
• 3-5+ years of hands-on experience with: field research, ethnography, lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, and survey design
• BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar experience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS in Human Factors, HCDE, Cognitive Psychology or similar.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
• Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
• Ability to work in a startup environment.
• User research or other experience from a technical field, such as software development, systems management or similar.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role