About Cascadia Green Development
- An exceptional company with a firm commitment to facilitating sustainable community development
- Become a key part of a forward-thinking, inclusive, and diverse team that values every perspective
- Earn a competitive salary of $50,000 - $100,000, negotiable depending on experience and background, and comprehensive benefits!
Based in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Cascadia Green Development has built its reputation on integrity, quality work and our commitment to innovation in the green building industry.
At Cascadia Green Development, our core values drive us to create living spaces that preserve the natural environment, promote cultural diversity, and offer affordability within economically viable settings. To achieve this, we understand the importance of balancing client needs and market demands.
To learn more about us, please visit: cascadiagreendev.com/
About the Opportunity
Cascadia Green Development has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Urban Architect or Interim Architect, based in North Vancouver, BC.
Note: Successful candidates must be available to commence employment immediately at the beginning of 2024 upon approval.
In this position, you will be primarily responsible for developing and creating architectural designs, plans, and drawings for various projects, ensuring compliance with local building codes and regulations.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
More About You
- Developing comprehensive development plans aligned with project goals and integrating consultant expertise
- Managing and coordinating external consultants throughout planning and development
- Integrating innovative, environmentally friendly design solutions into projects, staying informed about industry trends, building technologies, and sustainable design
- Coordinating with architects and engineers for building permit requirements and modifications
- Participating in the selection of consultants based on project requirements
- Collaborating with environmental consultants to ensure compliance and mitigate impacts
- Assessing and addressing the development's impact on transportation systems
- Developing plans to address traffic flow, parking, and infrastructure requirements
- Working with public relations and community engagement consultants for effective communication
- Managing the development permit application process, ensuring compliance with zoning regulations
- Obtaining necessary permits and approvals, presenting design proposals to clients
- Overseeing project timelines and budgets, coordinating with stakeholders for successful completion
- Working with legal consultants to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Archiving and maintaining documentation related to consultant agreements and regulatory compliance
- Providing regular reports to stakeholders, addressing progress and issues
- Reviewing and analyzing each tender package and scope of works
- Coordinating with the quality control team to ensure high construction and design standards
- Creating detailed 3D renders and visualizations to communicate design concepts effectively
In order to qualify for this role, the candidate must have 5 years or more of experience as an Urban Architect or Interim Architect or relevant role within Canada, must be living within the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD) and possess a post-secondary degree in Architecture.
The following skills and experience will be crucial for this role:
- Technical proficiency and experience in Autocad, Bluebeam, Revit, Rhino, and Grasshopper
- Proficient in creating detailed and realistic 3D renders and visualizations to communicate design concepts effectively
- Experience with working on multifamily projects
- Eagerness to learn and grow, showing an enthusiastic, and proactive approach to architectural projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork skills with a collaborative and cooperative mindset
- Adherence to good work ethics and a commitment to high professional standards
- Knowledge of construction processes and active involvement in projects
- Willingness to take risks and make innovative design decisions
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to initiate and drive projects
- Experienced in the field of urban architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of estimating and project management (asset)
Note: Applicants must agree to undergo a mandatory reference check as part of the hiring process.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary ranging between $50,000 - $100,000, negotiable depending on experience and background, along with a great host of benefits*, including:
- Extended Health Benefits (vision, dental, medication)
- 2 weeks' vacation to start
*After the 3-month probationary period has been completed successfully, extended health benefits will be made available immediately.
If you are interested in progressing your career with a growing company, apply today!
Creative and Graphic Design Construction, Mining and Trades Real Estate