IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Unix/Linux Consultant to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Provisioning physical and virtual Unix / Linux servers in standalone or cluster configuration
- Unix / Linux post-installation activities, include security hardening, backup, monitoring, printing, and standard build tasks
- Applying the latest security, enhancement and regular patches to the Unix / Linux servers, along with management tools
- Change management tasks for minor, major and emergency changes
- Providing support for Unix / Linux incidents and service requests
- Troubleshooting with support vendors to resolve issues
- Assisting with any firewall / DNS requests related to Unix / Linux servers
- Performing research as required to implement any new Unix / Linux components that are required for project and operations related requests
- Preparing project and operational documentation, such as Run Books and System Operating manuals
- Operationalizing new Unix / Linux servers / server changes, including transitioning the server specific knowledge to the Unix Support team
Top Skills Required
- Minimum 6 years systems administration experience with Unix / Linux Enterprise servers, include server / operating system builds, shell scripting, monitoring, patching, security hardening, performance tuning, printing and troubleshooting
- MUST have a full DevOps project experience on RHEL/CENTOS Linux platform and work closely with application development team. In additional, understanding their requirements to integrate CI/CD pipeline concept and streamline the process to closing the gaps between Linux operational and application development teams.
- MUST be an expert of building / managing / administrating the following tools:
- AWX/Ansible Playbook/Automation
- Docker/Dockerfile/Docker compose/Docker Hub/Private container Image registry
- Satellite 6/Content View management/Host Groups/RedHat Insights/Provisioning Setup/Puppet post-installation automation/RHEL license entitlement management (virt-who)
- AWS/Azure Cloud based tools
- MUST experience building / managing / administrating the following Linux platforms / tools:
- Red Hat (Physical & Virtual):
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x
- Red Hat Cluster
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.