In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and in accordance with the standards of professional practice, performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties working in collaboration with radiologists, physicians and other health care professionals. Qualifications
- Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonogrpahy (Ultrasonography). Current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, generalist, cardiac, and/or vascular). Eligible for membership with ARDMS and/or Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (CSDMS). Skills and Abilities:
- Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
- Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
- Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
- Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
- Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
View Terrace Community