Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
We hear you’re skilled in both visual design and product thinking and you have a passion for tech. Well, we’re looking for someone just like you! Because you have what it takes to collaborate with our creative and web teams to help transform the design of hootsuite.com as a cohesive whole, designing each element so that it works symbiotically with the next. We are seeking an intermediate front end designer with 3-5 years experience, who can take an idea from a rough sketch, and transform it into a high converting design. With a passion for all things tech, you are a lover of UI/UX and A/B Testing!
You’re right for the job because you crave simple yet beautiful solutions to complicated design problems, making a user’s journey effortless. You’re obsessed with making it better. You know that your design must always serve a purpose, and you seek new and clever ways to achieve it, by being both creative and diligently scientific in your proposals.
And you love working on a multi-disciplinary team, being involved from strategy through execution, from brainstorming to engineering. You’re good on a team because you can clearly communicate ideas and instructions, with a few laughs along the way.
* A strong portfolio of UI work will be required Responsibilities...
You’re Great At...
- Work closely with UX to create industry-leading web designs
- Work with various stakeholders to create, test, and iterate functional designs in order to provide the best experience for our customers.
- Provide creative and testable solutions to complex user interface issues
- Collaborate with in-house designers, writers, and Art Director to share specialized learning and progress the brand
- Create visual designs for new Web components in consideration of brand guidelines
- Design high converting creative such as web pages, advertising collateral, landing pages, emails, etc. to be tested against existing creative
- Incorporate existing brand assets, including photography and illustration, into design to create visually appealing yet highly functional designs
- Participate in brainstorms and creative sessions to help drive campaign creative and user experience design
- Teaching or sharing of information on your design specialty within the design group
- Additional design projects as needed to support the Growth & Marketing team
- Develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Pattern-based design
- Wireframing and content strategy
- Designing for the responsive web
- Working within/with Web development teams of well known brands
- Presentation skills
- Creating webpage designs with high visual appeal
- Understanding front-end development technologies and process: HTML, CSS, basic jQuery and Photoshop are must-haves
- Having an eye for detail (composition, colour, and typography)
- Understanding conversion objectives, and the intent of the creative
- The visual language of the web (calls to action, above the fold, etc.)
- Collaboration and communications skills, experience working in a team-centric, workshop environment
- Working closely with developers
- Experience designing for conversion oriented websites' as a nice to have
- Experience with Sketch
- Must love A/B testing!