Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field.
Have challenging and interesting work in a team environment.
Take personal benefit from assisting others to learn and grow.
The Indigenous Services team is committed to supporting Indigenous communities as they continuously improve on program delivery and achieving greater returns for their resources.What will your typical day look like?
The role will entail managing the day-to-day operations of various Indigenous Trust operations including: communicating with Indigenous Trustees and community members; preparing materials for meetings; taking minutes at meetings; liaising with other service providers; administering and summarizing voting results; assisting in the development of policies and procedures; maintaining Trust electronic filing; creating / updating eRooms and websites; preparing presentations; and, once we are once again able to attend meetings in person, attending meetings in Indigenous communities which may be in small communities in remote locations.About the team
The team is a dedicated group of professionals who love what they do! Our work is rewarding as we see the impact of the services we provide in supporting Indigenous communities to grow and achieve their goals.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• an interest in Indigenous matters
• a keen interest in supporting learning and the personal growth of others
• attention to detail and self-motivation
• the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• the ability to be a team player who will step in to help whenever needed
• 1-2 years of administration experience and strong computer, communication and typing skills
• A willingness to travel (once current travel restrictions imposed by Covid-19 are lifted)
Then we want to hear from you!Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production