Job Description Summary
This new role at the largest biotechnology company in Canada offers a unique opportunity to support leading edge scientific research around the world.
The Treasury & Tax Analyst will be a new addition to the existing Tax and Treasury Team at STEMCELL, based in Vancouver BC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Cash and Debt coordination, reporting and analysis. In addition, this individual will assist with short-term and long-term International, Canadian and US tax and treasury projects.
The role is critical in ensuring that the STEMCELL Group of Companies maintain compliance with tax authorities and other regulatory bodies. This role will be responsible for research and analysis and for providing recommendations related to various projects and functions. There is a strong opportunity to thrive in this role by understanding current and future business needs.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash forecasts across legal entities and consolidate data from subsidiaries
- Develop and maintain financial models and document key banking relationships
- Support and develop efficiencies amongst the Finance Team and update processes as needed
- Report and periodically evaluate STEMCELL's hedging efficiency
- Consolidate and reconcile on a monthly basis all inter-company transactions and ensure their settlement
- Prepare legal entity tax filings in Canada, US and other regulatory filings as required including working with internal teams
- Lead preparation of US and Canadian indirect sales tax filings and payments including liaising with third party service providers
- Support global tax planning and process improvement initiatives as well as other related matters on an ad hoc basis
- Perform tax research as necessary and assist on analysis of income tax consequences
- Assist with research and analysis on various tax projects (e.g. entrance into new tax jurisdictions, customer billing issues)
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Professional designation of CPA, Chartered Accountant or Certified Treasury Professional completed, or in process, is a benefit
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with an ability to understand complex financial information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate across STEMCELL and externally
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA), data cleansing/analytics and visualization experience coupled with software knowledge (e.g. UiPath, Blue Prism, Alteryx and/or Tableau) would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently in a high growth environment with strong ownership and ability to continually improve
- Proficiency with MS Office and/or Google Suite
- Experience with an ERP system is desirable (SAP preferred)
- Experience with tax software would be an asset (e.g. Vertex/Avalara, Taxprep, etc.)
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Banking, Finance and Insurance