The ‘ Transporation Supervisor’ role oversees transportation operations of a dedicated McDonald's distributorship with responsibility for planning/scheduling of manpower and equipment of the hourly workforce while nurturing an environment that maximizes employee safety, involvement and morale. Further, this position will administer and monitor daily dispatch while maintaining a master delivery schedule and providing interpretation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Within the scope of his/her responsibility, the Transporation Supervisor ensures safety is a number one priority through effective daily communications and action plan execution with employees while advocating injury/collision risk management and incident avoidance. The incumbent will further ensure optimized equipment utilization while driving overall cost reductions without impacting store delivery targets/service.
This position provides strong technical support as well as direction, guidance & leadership to the Transportation Departments at an assigned distribution centre.
• Plan and execute daily manpower Requirements for current day and week, keeping overtime to a minimum
• Conduct daily shift meetings, communicating appropriate safety and operational messages, taking suggestions and answering questions
• Assign daily work duties to drivers workers ensuring safety, service and productivity and reliability Requirements are met
• Manage work flows efficiently, meeting the Requirements of our Collective Bargaining Agreement
• Maintain Syntellic, Paragon and Xatanet programs (knowledge of these software packages an asset)
• Create and maintain production and/or master delivery schedules, including route, restaurant and other pertinent information
• Maintain associated employee bids
• Maintain statistical information on employees, productivity, reliability, equipment, fuel, mileage, delivery schedules, service etc.
• Prepare and upload the daily route trial, adjusting options for greatest opportunity in maximizing safety, service and cost efficiencies
• Audit all drivers trip records for legal and process legitimacy
• Maintain and audit weekly payroll entries for drivers.
• Provide training, support and direction to employees to ensure understanding of and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
• Oversee quality control for in-house and en-route product
• Conduct near miss, injury and collision investigations, completing corrective actions promptly and communicating resolutions broadly
• Communicate across Warehouse, Transportation and Customer Service departments regarding possible issues impacting our customer or one-another
• Review service providers’ performance to ensure service and quality Requirements are met and cost controls are met.
• Perform supervisory functions which include follow up with drivers workers while holding employees accountable through recognition & discipline.
• Demonstrate leadership through effective teamwork and demonstrating a positive attitude
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the company
• Participate in training, inspection, investigation and continuous improvement programs
• Collect and record statistical information for reporting purposes.
Facility & Equipment
• Ensure compliance with industry, company and sanitation standards, including making sure physical plant and transportation equipment is free from hazards and meets legislated Requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, engineering, logistics or related field.
• Ideally shall have three to five years’ experience in high-volume, food service, unionized distribution or logistics.
• One to three years of progressively responsible supervisory experience
• Strong computer software (ie. MS Office) skills required
• Experience with Routing and Onboard Software, a strong asset
• Leadership Competencies required
• Integrative thinker and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task in a high pressure Work Environment
• Attention to detail, organization skills
• High initiative, self-motivation
• Strong, interactive team player.
• Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to produce accurate and timely reports.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
The Work Environment is set within a multi-temperature distribution centre. Safety shoes are a requirement as your work area will be located at the in the transportation dispatch station. Business casual attire is required. In this 40-hour per week work schedule, your shift will regularly include weekend work as well as variability in shift start/finish timings (days/afternoons/evenings), based on specific job location Requirements. Shift timings will likely be subject to rotation and scheduled days of work may change from time to time based on business Requirements. Flexibility in your schedule is a key job requirement.
o Fulfill Your Promise.
o Leaders Developing Leaders
o Drives Change
o Results Oriented
o Communicates Effectively
o Financial Acumen
We offer a highly competitive salary and incentive bonus plan together with a generous benefits and RRSP contribution package.
Martin Brower is the largest McDonald’s distributor worldwide delivering more than 500 million cases to 20,400 restaurants around the world each year. In addition to McDonald’s, Martin-Brower services other quick service restaurants including Subway and Bob’s in Brazil and Subway and Outback Steakhouse in South Korea – www.martinbrower.com
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
Martin-Brower of Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer
Connect with employer:
About Martin Brower Canada
1956 was the beginning of our ongoing relationship with McDonald's and it started with deliveries to Ray Kroc's first restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois. Many big ideas start as a sketch o...