Express Employment Professionals is currently recruiting for a Transportation Administrative Clerk. Our client is located in Surrey and transports regular cargo, high value commodities and hazardous goods to the US and Mexico. They carry specialized certifications to ensure the safety and proper handling of cargo when it crosses the border.
Responsible for US south/northbound transportation documentation and data entry:
• Receive and check documents
• Process bills of lading
• Create trips
• Generate split trip documentation
• Request documents and certificates for special commodities
• Take driver calls and questions
• Update shipment status throughout the day
• Adhere to compliance at all times
• Input data into CLI and AS400 transportation software
• Have some transportation or customs experience; it would be nice…
• But more importantly, you have a great attitude!
• Are a part-time logistics student and looking for your full-time co-op
• Flexible and able to adjust mid-stream
• Are exact, accurate and precise
• Work well with on your own and with your team
THE CULTURE & YOU
The team (30 internal staff and 50 drivers) is fun and the atmosphere is casual, yet professional. That said, the transportation industry comes with serious responsibilities and safety is at the top of the ranking. There are 3 teams (CSR, north bound and southbound) and you will be part of a close knit team of 4-6 people.
Communication is crucial, especially when it comes to dealing with drivers and co-workers in other parts of Canada and - at times - clients in the US and Mexico. You are passionate, articulate and a thinker. You understand processes and quickly get why freight moves the way it does. Much like an inquisitive 2 year old, you’re a WHY kind of person. You don’t blindly accept that is ‘has always been done this way.’ You troubleshoot and want to improve procedures; you are ready to take action, offer ideas and possible solutions.
$16.00-19.00 per hour
Our client wants you to grow and this is just a starting point. There is much room for development and career advancement. YOU could be the next team leader and work into an operations role. This is a permanent role and Are you ready for the challenge?
1. Data entry night schedule 10:30 pm to 7:00 am
* A criminal check is part of the hiring process.
Please email your resume attached in a Word document to:
Please quote "Transportation Admin Clerk, VL" in the subject line.
If your skills and experience meet with our client's requirements, we will forward your details for consideration. By submitting your resume and/or cover letter to us, you give express consent to us to use your details for this purpose.
Thank you for your interest; we will contact those that meet the requirements for this and other positions. Should you not receive a response and you are confident you can perform the requirements of this position or other positions on our website, please feel free to contact Express-Delta at 604-668-5899 ext 206.
About Express Employment Professionals.
As a full-service staffing company, Express Employment Professionals provide cost-effective solutions to assist client companies with their staffing needs, helping their business meet its bottom-li...