Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements POSITION TITLE:
Training FacilitatorREPORTS TO:
Burnaby Head OfficePOSITION OVERVIEW:
Reporting directly to the Training Manager, the Training Facilitator is responsible for empowering Paladin's front-line security professionals with the tools required to make the world a safer and friendlier place. This is primarily achieved by effectively kick-starting our people's Paladin journey with the delivery of our best-in-class training, providing ongoing compliance re-certification courses, and proactively recommending ways to improve curriculum and our people's experience.
Training courses are currently conducted both in-person and virtually (using Microsoft Teams).DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for ensuring the Paladin Security 6 guiding principles is the backbone of the training department and all its internal training.
- Deliver branch wide training courses using training mediums including employee handbooks, PowerPoint presentations, classroom sessions and e-learning modules.
- Provide flexible learning and assessment strategies which will meet the learning needs of a range of students.
- Participate in ongoing continued education in flexible learning and assessment strategies.
- Responsible for the maintenance and delivery of the training content and programs for both new and existing Paladin Employees.
- Monitor students' performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure course standards, training requirements, and all course objectives are met.
- Be organized and accountable while delivering training to the highest standards possible.
- Coordinate with the Onboarding Coordinator and Training Manager to ensure training is conducted, organized, and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Collaborate with various departments to conduct and create specific training for sites that require training for re-certifications, ongoing mentorship, and retention aspects.
- Assist in maintaining all requirements as set out by WorkSafe BC to continue as a (Public) First Aid Training Agency.
- Organize and ensure internal and external training courses are conducted aligning with business objectives and employee requirements. These courses include, but are not limited to: Basic Security Training, Advanced Security Training, Occupational First Aid Level 1 and 2, CPI's Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, MOAB International - Management of Aggressive Behavior, Fraser Health - Provincial Violence Prevention Course and other internal created courses such as Client specific vertical training and Supervisor Development courses.
- Organizing and updating employee learnings and compliances
- Liaising with HR to ensure classes are coordinated and filled by student attendees.
- Liaising with Paladin employees and fee-paying students to ensure their needs are met while balancing the business needs of Paladin Security and its training department.
- Follow the corporate Code of Ethics, company policies and procedures, and OH&S procedures.
Work closely with HR to ensure new hire training is performed in a manner that is conducive to HR needs while balancing the needs of Paladin Security and the Training Department.
- Maintains administrative responsibilities as it related to required documentation and record keeping.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and course content facilitation skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the security industry, or related.
- Instructor certificates in Basic Security Training, Management of Aggressive Behavior, and/or Occupational First Aid Level 1 considered an asset; otherwise, a willingness to complete.
- Must be physically able to deliver practical, hands-on components of training curriculum.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Please note that all interviews are being conducted remotely at this time, via phone and/or video chat.
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1