Training CoordinatorRole Description
The Training Coordinator plays a key role in supporting all aspects of learning delivery including planning and coordinating training programs, maintaining learning resource sites, updating training completion records, compiling, and publishing reports, and responding to training-related inquiries and requests. With minimal guidance from the Supervisor, Learning & Development, the Training Coordinator is responsible for making independent decisions that ensures team members have a seamless learning experience. As the key contact person for all training events delivered by the Learning & Organizational Development team, the Training Coordinator works closely with Facilitators, Trainers, Participants, Managers, and members of the L&OD Team to ensure that a high quality of training services is provided to internal and external customers of Kal Tire.ResponsibilitiesTraining Program Coordination & Delivery
Supports training/meeting delivery in preparation, execution, and follow up:
Learning Delivery Resource & Platform Support
- Creates, manages & maintains training program calendar for communication and registration.
- Creates training classes for on- and off-site delivery.
- Coordinates facilitators/trainers and guest speakers for training event delivery Books and coordinates venues for on and off-site delivery where required
- Monitors fill rates and drives attendance through communication with stakeholders, managers, etc.
- Provides recommendations to program decision-makers regarding efficient use of training classes e.g., need for additional or reduced class numbers.
- Schedules/books travel, accommodation, meals for participants and facilitators/trainers where required
- Prepares and assembles all training-related materials (e.g. printed and/or online materials, agenda, name tags/tent cards, etc.) relating to delivery, including ordering training materials and supplies as required.
- Sets up technology requirements, assist facilitators/trainers in delivery by moderating virtual learning experiences for positive participant experience (e.g. Teams, breakout rooms, chat/polls, sharing presentation, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Maintains ongoing communication of event/participant details with facilitators/trainers
- Resolves complaints/questions/concerns/specials requests of managers and participants in a timely manner Assists in evaluation activities to perform training effectiveness validation up to and including feedback form preparation, data gathering and preparation for analysis
Department Budget Support & Expense Reconciliation
- Manages and maintains L&OD resources to ensure users have access to current L&OD program information and resources, and access on the variety of platforms (e.g. Sharepoint, LMS, etc). This includes managing and maintaining L&OD internal team resources and platforms to ensure team access to up-to-date source documentation.
- Manages and Maintains user access to internal and external learning platforms (e.g. Sharepoint sites, Udemy, etc.)
- Responds to and resolves user questions and issues related to learning resources and platforms.
- Tracks and reports training status/completion on a regular basis
- Acts as back-up support for LMS Administrator:
- e.g., completes daily LMS tasks (ex. granting credit, uploading new courses, adding/removing team members, etc.) and responds to and resolves user questions and issues related to the LMS.
- Tests new courses to ensure seamless delivery to end users
- Responds to and resolves user questions and issues related Training Coordinator
- Serve as a point of contact for external partners / vendors, and manages vendor paperwork
- Reconcile expenses/invoices and audit department profit and loss statement for accuracy
- Code departmental invoices and expense reports and send to payables
- Send training chargebacks to the accounting and confirm accuracy.
- Evaluates current team processes and recommend ideas/solutions that will improve current state as required
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to coordinate efforts around process improvement as required
- Other responsibilities as required by the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an administrative, customer service-oriented, role within a collaborative team environment, in a medium to large, complex organization; experience within a learning/training environment an asset
- Experience supporting remote and technology-based learning/meeting delivery to a wide range of participants (e.g., roles, technology-capabilities, time zones)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proactive self-starter: ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work with established processes as well as create new ones as required Intermediate to advanced computer skills - Office 365 tools (SharePoint, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Excel) and Virtual Meeting room programs (MS Teams, etc.)
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and stay current with technology changes as required by the role
- Ability to act with professional discretion, maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information, handle frequent interruptions, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Graphic design skills an asset (Sharepoint, web design, Canva)
- Business Administration diploma and/or equivalent work experience preferred
About Kal Tire
- Must be in Vernon, British Columbia; potential for a flexible work schedule (office/home-based)
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.