West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Quesnel River Pulp division in Quesnel, BC has an opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal, decision making, and communication skills for the position of:TRAINING COORDINATOR - PULP
The Training Coordinator will provide support to various departments in developing, maintaining, and facilitating training programs. Additional responsibilities include supporting document management, reporting, and coordinating with corporate training resources. This position will report to the Divisional Controller. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.Key Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Own the overall site training program.
- Develop and facilitate training programs.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the training process.
- Interact/engage the various departments to increase employee participation in the development of training modules.
- Processing departmental training certificates.
- Tracking operator exams.
- Running training reports to maintain corporate required safety training averages.
- Building/maintaining DATS modules (competency evaluations) to make tracking forklift/aerial lift/ fit testing easier.
- Researching training providers.
- Working with management to choose training providers and scheduling.
- Applying for government training grants.
- Meeting with DATS / Contractor Website monthly to review system changes.
- Providing document management support.
- Running monthly document review reports for management and helping the departments with bulk processing.
- Running monthly Action Tracker reports for management to ensure we stay on top of audit items.
About the company/location:
- Strong interpersonal, decision making, and communication skills.
- Belief in the West Fraser goals and values and a desire to embody them as a leader.
- A strong desire to learn the job functions and pulping process of QRP.
- Experiencing using Microsoft Office, Storyline Articulate, and Adobe or the ability to quickly grasp a working knowledge of these software packages.
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed.
- Knowledge of online training programs.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
If the position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants: Please login to your UKG account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select ‘My Company’ and ‘View Opportunities’ to view the position description and to submit your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.